I’m usually really interested in one or two things for about a month, and then I switch gears. There was that month that I was all about knitting. I bought a ton of knitting gear, dropped $80 on yarn, and grabbed a pattern ready to become a knitting fiend! Well, I have successfully knitted two scarves since that month about two years ago. ::shrug:: Once I thought about making beaded jewelery. I never even made it to the craft store.
This new focus on living as the ideal me has helped me define what I believe is important and valuable. If an interest matches up with those values, I just don’t get tired of learning about it. I know it seems like common sense, but I was all over the map there for a while. This new focus is quite liberating. I don’t feel like I’m wasting my time and I rarely feel bored.
Here are some things I’m really into right now.
- Low-cost, useful and sustainable holiday gifts. This relates to gifts I’m giving and gifts I would like to receive.
- Marketing small businesses. Especially businesses in the “wellness” category. Especially with regards to using online methods.
- Canning. I grew up in the south, but I never learned how to can. This must be remedied.
- Community building.
- Sustainability and green living.
- Dancing and choreography.
So, what are your interests?