Like I said yesterday, I’ve committed to make weekly menus and report on how things went. April’s “Lunch Time” posts over at So Yeah…So inspired me to make this a recurring feature on The Ideal Me. I know menu planning makes the week much easier, and I think this will help keep me accountable. So, here’s what we’re eating.
- Zucchini and Chickpeas over Linguini adapted from Martha Stewart Everyday Food. Sadly, I can’t find this recipe on her site, so I’ll post my version of the recipe tonight. This is an awesome meatless meal that has a little kick of spice.
- Sesame and Peanut Noodles With Snow Peas from Eat Make Read. Incredibly easy and very fast. I tried this for the first time last week and was a little heavy-handed with the sauce. Hopefully a more reserved portion will make the recipe a success this week.
- Taco Night! We’ve been digging having tacos once a week. Tonight I’ll make them with ground turkey and the standard fixings.
- Farfalle with Sockarooni Sauce and Ground Turkey. This is one of our busy night staples. It takes about 20 minutes (mainly because of the pasta cooking time) and is filling and delicious.
- Balsamic pork chops with sautéed onions and Lentils con Prosciutto. Our amazing friend Jenn made this for dinner on Saturday and it was crazy good. I’m totally trying it myself this week.
- Pizza Night! We are big pizza fans, so I’m going to try a weekly pizza night! This week will be our old standby – Ham and Mushroom – with homemade pizza dough. Wish me luck on the dough thing.
- Japanese Chicken-Scallion Rice Bowl from EatingWell.com. I think this looks easy and delicious. Hopefully my first attempt at making it will be yummy.
So there you have it.
Oh, and if you’re wondering why I number my recipes instead of assigning days, well…I like switching up my plan at the last minute and still serving dinner at 6:00 p.m. This really saves me on days that I only have 20 minutes to get dinner on the table.
What are you making this week?