I learned a few things from menu planning this week.
- Having a plan is helpful, and I didn’t feel completely unprepared.
- If the grocery store doesn’t have the core ingredients I need for a recipe, I can substitute and/or change up my menu plan on the fly.
- I really need to cook something quick/super easy on Tuesdays and Thursdays since we have activities starting at 6:30 p.m.
- I really don’t like to try new recipes during the week.
- I really don’t like to spend more than 30 minutes cooking.
So, we didn’t eat according to plan. We did okay though, and never actually ordered takeout. I’d call Menu Mondays a success.
- Monday: Chicken Noodle Soup
- Tuesday: Pasta with Ground Turkey and Marinara Sauce. A 20-minute go-to meal that we have once a week or so.
- Wednesday: Taco Night! Taco night still seems like fun to me. We enjoy a good taco around here.
- Thursday: Taco Night, part 2. Yes. A repeat. I was not thrilled, but we were able to eat quickly.
- Friday: Homemade Ham and Mushroom Pizza. I didn’t make the crust from scratch, but it was assembled at home.
- Saturday: Campanelle with Ground Turkey and Roasted Pepper Sauce. After a long day of working around the house, that Paul Newman sauce makes for a quick and easy dinner.
- Sunday: Pork and Veggie Stirfry with Soba Noodles. Quick, easy, and full of veggies. Just what I needed after a recovery day around the house.