I’m tired of that sinking feeling that accompanies the question, “What’s for dinner?” I’ve committed to making weekly menus and reporting on how cooking for the week went.
This week’s edition is a little late as I wanted to make my menu after going to the Farm to Family Market today. Let me tell you, that is a wonderful place! I’ll give the trip its own post later this week.
- Green Beans, Shallots and Carmen Peppers with Olive Oil, Salt, and Pepper over Farfalle. Just thrown together from my Farm to Family box. Super simple and super tasty. Lots of complements from T on this one.
- Zucchini and Chickpeas over Linguine from Real Simple. (Not Martha Stewart Everyday Food. No wonder I couldn’t find the recipe!). This is an awesome meatless meal that has a little kick of spice.
- Lentils con Prosciutto. This is so incredibly tasty. I’m totally trying it myself this week.
- Pizza Night! We are big pizza fans, so we have a weekly pizza night! This week will be Pizza with Roasted Butternut Squash and Prosciutto.
- Taco Night! Deviating a little from the standard this week. I’m going to add sautéed peppers and onions from the local market. YUM.
- Roasted Chicken. I’m breaking out the Nourishing Traditions cookbook and fixing up this amazing Polyface Farms chicken I got from the Farm to Family Market . I’m really excited about eating one of these amazing birds, and the fact that I think I can get 3-5 meals from it.
- Dinner out with my awesome friend Jenn. We’re going to get spicy Indian food. It’s going to be awesome.
So there’s the plan! What are you making this week?