I’m tired of that sinking feeling that accompanies the question, “What’s for dinner?” I’ve committed to making weekly menus and reporting on how cooking for the week went.
This week I’m working to use the last of the great produce from my first Grab and Go box from the Farm to Family Market. I don’t want those fabulous squashes to go to waste!
- Butternut Squash Soup with Biscuits. I have roasted butternut squash and onions hanging out in my fridge. I’m going to puree them into a lovely soup using the chicken stock I made last weekend.
- Lentils con Prosciutto with Balsamic Pork Chops. We love this lentil dish. I’m serving the leftovers from Sunday night with some fresh pork chops.
- Chicken Korma over Quinoa. I have a lot of prepped quinoa. I think it will be a lovely base for some tasty chicken korma.
- Buttery Patty Pan Squash, Marinated Port and Mashed Potatoes. Lots of whole foods prepared simply. I always crave comfort food when the weather changes. I’m making this on a very chilly night.
- Chicken and Sweet Potato Stew. Suggested by my friend Jenn, I’m going to make this lovely stew. And I already have all the ingredients on hand. Score!
- Spaghetti Squash with Turkey Meatballs and Marinara Sauce. An interesting alternative to our standard pasta night. I’m curious to see how it works out.
Sunday will be “leftover day”. That sounds so lame, but with so many new meals, especially when there is soup, I know we’ll have lots for lunches and a one more dinner. So there’s the plan! I’m excited about getting back on the menu making wagon.
What are you making this week? Add a link to your favorite recipes or a menu you publish on your blog to the list by clicking the link below. This is a new way for us to share our ideas with one another. So add your link today, and let me know what you think of the new feature!
Powered by Linky Tools
Click here to enter your link and view this Linky Tools list…