I’m tired of that sinking feeling that accompanies the question, “What’s for dinner?” I’ve committed to making weekly menus and reporting on how cooking for the week went.
Going to the Farm to Family Market makes planning meals a little harder. I’m working to find recipes that go with all the amazing food that I get, with just a little supplementation from the grocery store. It’s not easy, but it’s totally worth it.
- Sweet Potato and Black Bean Chili with Chili-Cheese-Corn Muffins. I have all but 3 ingredients for this meal on-hand after my trip to the market. That is an accomplishment!
- Lentils con Prosciutto with Balsamic Pork Chops and Sautéed Beet Greens. These lentils are totally becoming a weekly staple, and the leftovers keep really well.
- Pizza Night! We are big pizza fans, so we have a weekly pizza night! This week will be Prosciutto and Mozzarella. I’m going to finally attempt making pizza dough. You’ll get the full scoop soon!
- Taco Night! We haven’t had tacos in a couple of weeks. It’s time.
- Salad with Roasted Beets and White Sweet Potatoes, Feta and Balsamic Vinaigrette. Over the weekend, I made my first attempt at roasting beets. They are going to become part of this yummy salad!
- Marinated Chicken with Mashed Potatoes and Patty Pan Squash with Basil. This is a super easy dinner that fits squarely in the “comfort food” category. YUM.
- Farfalle with Ground Turkey and Roasted Pepper Sauce. Another one of our go-to meals. I’m making a big batch for a group of friends that are coming over. I’ll serve it with a big salad. Quick, easy, filling, yummy.
So that’s my plan! What are you making this week?