Yes. That title sounds pretty pretench somehow. Lately I’ve been eating too many refined carbs. Bread and butter people. Lots of pasta. Tasty and carb-o-licious. It wouldn’t be such a problem if refined carbohydrates hadn’t become about 70% of my caloric intake. YIKES.
So, I’m making a big effort to change my diet over the next few weeks. Here’s what I’m doing:
- Eat lean protein at every meal. Three to four ounces. This could be made up of poultry, pork, nuts, legumes, or quinoa.
- Eat one serving of whole grains at every meal. With “one” and “whole grains” being the key words here. As opposed to “four” and “baguettes”.
- Eat all of the veggies you want. Snacks and meals. Preferably two servings per instance.
- Get dairy from yogurt (preferably plain, could be Greek) and small quantities of cheese. I love cheese. Good, fancy cheese. A little a day can really punch up my salads without going overboard. Mainly this rule is here so I won’t just chug Dark Chocolate Almond Milk all day. While it is super tasty, I’m just drinking calories like there is no tomorrow.
- Substitute fruit for chocolate, candy, and sweet treats. I really love some frozen grapes. This one shouldn’t be too hard.
- Drink 80 ounces of water a day. Drink only water. Quit it with the almond milk, cow milk, and fruit juice.
So there’s my quick and dirty detox plan. This week I’ll keep you posted on how it’s going.
And this basically is my updated Menu Monday post for this week. It was full of pasta and rice. Seriously. I made a lasagna. Which I never make. It was tasty and carb-tastic. I will let my husband finish the leftovers and move on with my life. ::deep, serene breath::